"At long last. I am free!" - raptor_ravenlord, 2005.
Hehe i'm sure many of u had missed my witty, informative n humorous posts during the last few days (or was it weeks...) :D anyway, the ravenlord is back with a vengeance!
lets start off wif a brief summary of my last 2 weeks. n i mean brief, cuz there relly isnt much to write bout neway...basically, i had been tied down wif studying becuz of d stupid midyear exam. i said it b4 n i'll say it again...if i can ever go back in time to find the one who invented exams, i'll...do some bad things to him - juz wat exactly, i'll leave to ur imagination....
anyway...besides studying "24/7", i managed to squeeze in some time to:
1) practice the piano
2) play cs
3) play magic II, a nifty little game on my hp dats surprisingly addictive
4) listen to all jay chou's albums at least 10 times each
5) exercise to get marginally in shape for the tournament
for the last few weeks i had been following a fairly regular pattern during my week days...after sch i wud get home, hv lunch n bath n wat-not, then go on9 (or more recently, cs) to check mail n blogs, then its nap time...when i wake up around 6 or 7 i'll hv my daily dose of the Good Stuff (i.e. coffee), do a bit of studying then hv dinner...followed by bout half n hr of piano practice - until the stupid cantonese serial my parents had been avidly following starts at 9pm - then start studying till midnite...then usually i'll on9 a bit more b4 getting chased off d comp by my mom, then exercise n go to bed around 3. heh. talk bout concise n precise summary eh?
anyway...the last week or so had been different in that i virtually (but not completely lah) eliminated my on9 hrs...tho i DID spend an inordinate time playing cs last friday nite (hey, it was the start of 4 days' holidays...who can blame me?)...from 12 midnight till bout 3.30am hehe...n bout 3 days ago i 'discovered' the joys of simple games like magic II...played so much dat i pretty much filled up the high scores in fact..hehe..ming tatt was like so boh kam buan cuz i beat his prev hi-score....
about the exam papers: (in chronological order)
maths 2 - well it wasnt as hard as it 'traditionally' was...still i pretty much screwed it up wif stupid carelessness...plus i think i hv this problem in dat i work at a slug's pace (slug as in snail, not bullet) during exams...but hey...its a 3-hr paper...cant blame a normal guy for lack of stamina...stupid Examination Council shud relly revise their syllabus...they can remove d whole paper for all i care :P anyway wat i was most hung up over was a mistake i made in copying (1 + x) as (1 - x) resulting in me getting the last part of a question (worth 3 or 4 marks) wrong...if i'm not mistaken d answer was supposed to be d length of a chord n it was an imaginary number. lol.
P.A. - paper 2 was surprisingly not as bad as i tot..probably becuz it was d only time i ever mananaged 2 complete it wif time 2 spare..got nearly 15 mins to check thru n correct a few spelling mistakes...however, paper 1 more than made up for p2's lack of 'killer-bility'...to put in in kai lin's words, "有读跟没有读一样". or mebbe i juz din study enuf lah haih..
physics - not too bad...i like physics n had been keeping up wif d lessons so it was mostly ok barring stupid incidents like in maths 2. din relly hv time to check thru tho...so i'm keeping my fingers crossed...
maths 1 - well, the slug-syndrome strikes again...believe it or not, i slept at 4 the nite b4...playing magic II from 2.30 to 4...shit lah...screwed myself from lack of sleep...which was the main cause for me 'blanking out' several times during d paper...but luckily it wasnt too hard lah...managed to do all without any major problems although like many of d other papers i din hv time to check thru
chem - ah. the major shit...besides having an intrinsic dislike for chem n a sucky chem teacher, i banyak last-minute-work this one...luckily the paper wasnt too hard...had a huge scare doing paper 1 (the last paper) cuz i slug-ed so much dat when the teacher announced "7 minutes left" i havent even begun filling in d answer sheet...luckily managed 2 settled everything in time...in the nick of time i shud say..n needless to say, din check.
(reminder to self: format computer so i can install half-life, n write something for the grad mag)
- time waste
as mentioned above, spent much more time playing cs n magic II than i shud hv...mebbe chem cud hv done better if i din spend those hrs blasting ppl wif SMGs or stacking up magic balls....
- noisy sister
man i got one hell of a sister...n i mean it literally...imagine playing the same f*cking song 20 times in a row...back to back...n dat song isnt even nice...n at a volume so high i cudnt block it out by holing up in my room...n my parents din so much as raise a finger (until my mom wanted to 'read newspapers in quiet')
- parental pressure
basically its my mom...basically she thinks studies r more important than my well-being...n basically she thinks dat maths outweighs every other subject in importance. 'nuff said...cuz if ur mom is like dat u'll understand..n if she isnt, u wun no matter how much i say.
- notice how often these 'random thoughts' parts come into my posts? (i notice they appear a lot in lydia's blog oso) well it juz shows how disorganised my mind is...i cant seem to gather everything i need/want to write bout when i'm actually sitting in front of d comp...or else i wud only think of them near the end of my post...so here it is...
- notice how u always cook up lots of plans for the holidays during d exam period, then when d hols roll around n dunno where to start n end up wasting most of it? well...mebbe u dun...but i do...i keep getting ideas like 'practice sparring wif chia ling' n 'go canoeing at psc'...then i'd tell myself "make plans for it after exams" but until now i still havent gotten round to thinking bout my holiday schedule yet...
- the lower 6 are in! the boys - nothing much to comment on, cuz they're mostly familiar faces....but the girls....ah..the girls... :D well to quote a few ppl: "今年的素质好象比较好得多"...."刚才驾过罢了就转头不知道几次了"...."为什么我们的Form没有美女像Lower Six的?"
- under-rated, under-listened-to jay chou song: 分裂 (from album 八度空间)
- tomolo's tkd tourney, i'm competing in individual pattern n free sparring. amen...
- sunday's piano concert, my playing still sux. god save the ravenlord...
- got lotsa more things to write bout actually...but as i sed...i'm damn disorganised..cant think of them at d moment...ah yes...(reminder to self: start bittorrent downloads again!)
raptor signing off....
- forgot to complain bout something: d sch is damn kiam siap...1stly, they only turned on the aircond about mid-morning even if there's a paper earlier...n the fans were off oso...so basically we're sweating like pigs inside the hall lah...i was like.."HUH? they let us take the exam like that?" com'on lah...n besides that i found it ridiculous dat they expected us to do our calculations n stuff on our objective question papers for phys n chem..cuz they did NOT provide rough paper...